Download the Beyond Linux From Scratch Book
The a tarball of the current BLFS HTML files along with all current BLFS patches is available in the BLFS Download Directory.
Old, but still useful as an educational experience, or to see how BLFS has grown over the years. http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs-museum/
Packages for BLFS
BLFS has a list of packages which you can download. Please use the versions which are listed in the book; these are tested versions which are known to work with each other. In addition to the packages you will need to download some patches that are also listed in the book. There are several ways to download the packages.
Hunt and Peck/Freshmeat.net
When a package is not available from the location listed in the book, some other places to try are:
- A search for the full package name in google or your favorite search engine
- Debian Package Search Page
- Sources from your linux distro
BLFS HTTP/FTP Sites
If the above methods are not available to you, the packages are also available individually on the following ftp and http mirrors.
- ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/blfs/ (California, USA, 200Mbps)
- http://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/blfs/ (California, USA, 200Mbps)
- ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/ (Texas, USA, 100Mbps)
- http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/BLFS/ (Texas, USA, 100Mbps)
- http://tmuniz.com/pub/blfs/ (Dallas, Texas, USA, 100Mbps)
- ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/ (Oregon, USA, 310Mbps)
- http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/ (Oregon, USA, 310Mbps)
- ftp://mirror.cict.fr/blfs/ (Toulouse, France, 100Mbps)
- ftp://mirrors.linsrv.net/BLFS/ (Roubaix, France, 10Mbps)
- http://mirror.cict.fr/blfs/ (Toulouse, France, 100Mbps)
- http://blfs-packages.mirror.shizu-net.jp/ (Shizuoka, Japan, 100Mbps)
- ftp://lfs.dontuse.ms/pub/blfs/ (London Docklands, United Kingdom, 100Mbps)