| RSS Feed |
- LiveCD Version 6.3-r2160 Released
- Alexander E. Patrakov - 2007/11/30
The LFS LiveCD Team is proud to announce the release of the 6.3-r2160 version of the LFS LiveCD for x86 and x86_64 architectures. This CD version is only a minor update. There are the following user-visible changes:
Speechd-up has been patched in order to be able to recognize one-character messages from speakup. This fixes the inability of visually-impaired users to examine punctuation characters (which are important, e.g., in command lines) and distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters.
The Xfmedia video player has been replaced with gxine due to bugs.
More information about this CD is available at the documentation page.
To download the new LiveCD, visit the LFS LiveCD download page for a list of mirrors.
Please mail any comments to the LFS LiveCD mailing list.
- LiveCD Version 6.3-r2145 Released
- Alexander E. Patrakov - 2007/11/30
The LFS LiveCD Team is proud to announce the release of the 6.3-r2145 version of the LFS LiveCD for x86 and x86_64 architectures. The CD contains the LFS book (version 6.3 for x86 CD, and its unofficial x86_64 equivalent for x86_64), and a lot of software that you need to build your own LFS system, ask for support and perform various recovery tasks. For each architecture, the CD is available in -min, -nosrc and full variants. The -min CD contains only a text-mode environment, -nosrc adds the X window system and the Xfce desktop, while the full CD also contains all LFS source tarballs. All of the above variants are suitable as hosts for building x86 and x86_64 LFS and CLFS systems.
Latest SVN Changes
Jeremy Huntwork - 2008/12/03
- Up to seamonkey in the build, commands made compatible with current BLFS Packages removed because they are neither a part of BLFS or referenced by BLFS: * JFSutils * synaptics * inputattach * fonts-thai * lftp
- Add a little more verbosity surrounding the tools tarball. Add createfiles to the clean list.
Jeremy Huntwork - 2008/11/29
- Brought the base system up to speed with LFS 6.4. All modifications that were in conflict with LFS build instructions were also removed, as the CD will aim to be a living example of LFS
Alexander Patrakov - 2008/03/12
- Updated SCSI firmware SHA1 sum - changed upstream
Alexander Patrakov - 2008/01/12
- Copied the minimal branch
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/12/31
- Upstream updated ql2400 firmware.
- Updated sha1 sum of ql2400 firmware in the minimal branch
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/12/29
- Fixed multimedia keys in xfce
- Upgraded pkgconfig in order to fix a 64-bit issue
- Updated w3m, removed imlib, because w3m can use gtk2 for image loading
- Fixed typos in the README
- Updated speech dispatcher to get the official fix instead of the custom patch
- Fixed inability of speechd-up to examine punctuation characters and mark capital letters as such. More details on the bug: http://lists.freebsoft.org/pipermail/speechd/2007q4/000977.html
- Got rid of the version suffix in Seamonkey installation directories
- Disable parallel make for seamonkey - it makes diffing the build logs impossible
- Fixed error in escaping special characters in Makefile
- Fixed seamonkey chrome registration
- Replaced gxine with xfmedia. TODO: default preferences
- Merged applicable changes from trunk
- w3m in the minimal branch cannot support graphics
- Fixed escaping of backslashes
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/12/14
- Added a note to myself after reading Debian bug logs
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/11/29
- Copy README.html when remastering the CD
- Merged r2144 from trunk
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/11/28
- Updated documentation
- Formatting fixes
- Modified some default preferences: * Warn if the monitor is at 800x600@60 Hz, not only at 640x480@60Hz * Suggest to read /root/README.txt, not /root/README * Play sounds in Pidgin instead of beeping.
- Merged all changes since r2139 from trunk
Alexander Patrakov - 2007/11/27
- unset VERSION while compiling subversion
- Merged all changes since r2130 from trunk